This is truly one of our favorite LED’s for planted tanks. The NEO Solar Hi-Power LED stands out with it’s modern design and advanced optics. Its 6500K white light mimics natural sunlight, promoting lush vibrant aquascapes for freshwater tanks.
It’s one of the few all-in-one LED aquarium lights that has a fully adjustable arm built in. It’s ready to install on any frameless tank. No need to purchase or ponder over any other installation hardware, which saves you time & money. The mounting arm has four lockable, adjustable links that can be positioned to fit your needs; making this LED versatile for a variety of tank setups.
Another great feature is the shimmer it produces. It’s shimmer is truly outstanding. You will be as surprised as we were to see such intense shimmer in the aquarium water. Feel free to email us your videos of it’s shimmer to share with everyone!
A few more great features to mention…
- The NEO is 100% waterproof, which is awesome!
- It doesn’t need a built-in fan, so it operates silently, without noise!
- It’s power consumption is only 30 watts
Tropical Marine Center TMC has recently released their newest series of LED’s designed for the planted tank. We are happy to make them available to our customers.
Their newest LED tile, the AquaRay Grobeam 1500 Ultima, uses the latest and brightest generation Natural Daylight CREE XB-D Natural Daylight PowerLEDs with a 6500K color temperature for optimum plant growth and color rendition. Consisting of 10 x 6500K high output LEDs. It’s wide-angle beam allows for optimum and even light distribution at over 2000 lumens for full illumination of the freshwater biotope.
Also introducing, the newest TMC LED strip, the AquaRay Grobeam 600 Ultima. The Grobeam 600 comes in two options: a single strip with one power supply or the Dual Pack which includes two Grobeam 600 strips powered by a single power supply. These LED strips use the latest and brightest generation Natural Daylight CREE XB-D PowerLED’s with a 6500K color temperature for optimum plant growth and color rendition. Consists of 5 ultra-efficient CREE XB-D PowerLED’s. 1 x 12W 6500K. Wide-angle (120 degree) beam allows light unit to be mounted close to the aquarium surface for optimum and even light distribution. 30% brighter than the Grobeam 500 it replaces.
Designed and manufactured by TMC in the UK, the AquaRay solid state lighting series, delivers a range of energy efficient LED lighting solutions and mounting possibilities for the planted tank….AquaBeam, Grobeam, and AquaHabits. In this quick article, we will help you get to know the best LED lighting options and lighting combinations to consider for your planted tank.
Before we get into the nitty gritty comparisons… first, let’s understand the features that each AquaRay LED series shares in common.
- Built with the latest and brightest generation of solid state LED lighting technology, using CREE Compact Power LEDs.
- Offers a minimum of 50,000 hours / 10 years lamp life – 6x that of standard fluorescent lighting.
- Cool running with no noisy fans and minimal heat transfer to the aquarium water.
- Low running costs and environmentally friendly – a very low carbon footprint and no Mercury.
- Creates a unique and natural shimmer effect, with a wide-angle beam for optimum and even light distribution.
- Perfect for planted tanks and ideal for plant growth.
- Built-in compatibility for digital control – timing and dimming, dawn to dusk simulation, moonlight, storm function, and two channel control for up to 8 lights. Compatible with the AquaRay Power Controller and Multi Controller.
- Features a compact design, and a sealed, water-resistant ABS and acrylic casing construction for safe use in all conditions. Corrosion proof and impact resistant.
- 5 year guarantee.
- Designed and manufactured by Tropical Marine Center in the UK
- Modular Mounting System (MMS) compatible, offering an extensive range of mounting options for use with all aquarium installations.
- Equipped with 10 ultra-efficient CREE XP-E LEDs.
- Colour Temperature CT – Cool White – Natural Daylight, 6500K to replicate natural daylight conditions, ideal for plant growth.
- Power consumption – 30 watts and dimmable.
- Usage: 1 unit / tile per 2.5-3 ft sq.
- Footprint: 198 x 198 x 47.5 mm
- Utilizes 5 ultra-efficient CREE XP-E 6500K LEDs.
- Full spectrum, natural daylight, cool white color temperature. Excellent for planted tank use.
- Use a single strip or combine multiple strips.
- 12 watt power consumption.
- Footprint: 19 x 2 x 1.5 inches
- Built with 10 ultra-efficient CREE XP-G R+ PowerLEDs
- Colour Temperature CT – Ocean White, 9000K
- Spectral Quality – 405nm – 750nm
- Lumen Efficiency – 700 mA, 1850 lm, 81 lm/w
- Power consumption – 23 watts and dimmable.
- Usage: 1 unit / tile per 3.5-4 ft sq.
- Footprint: 198 x 198 x 47.5 mm
- Uses 4 OSRAM OSLON SSL high power LEDs
- Colour Temperature CT – Cool White, 6500K to replicate natural daylight conditions, ideal for plant growth.
- Mini LED tile perfect for Nano tanks up to 50L, combine multiple tiles for larger tanks.
- Power consumption – 12 watts and dimmable
- Footprint: 14.5 x 14.5 cm, 470 grams
- There is no other nano LED quite like it…one of a kind technology.