- Don’t just remove your CO2 regulator when it’s time to refill. Before you remove it from the cylinder, make sure that you relieve the working pressure from the low pressure gauge. This prevents future damage to the low pressure gauge when you re-install the regulator onto the cylinder.
- Vent your CO2 cylinder for 1 to 2 seconds after you fill or refill it, before installing any components to the cylinder. This removes any debris that may be lodged in the cylinder valve. Preventing debris from entering the solenoid of your CO2 regulator and prolonging the life of your CO2 equipment.
- After you fill or refill your CO2 cylinder, make sure the cylinder reaches ambient room temperature before re-installing your CO2 regulator. This ensures that the pressure in the cylinder has equalized so that your regulator can take accurate pressure readings.
- Don’t forget to put your seal between the cylinder valve and regulator. When using a permaseal, hand-tighten only, a wrench is usually not required and may damage the permaseal if used.
- When you are ready to install your regulator to the cylinder make the connection as tight as possible. Use a crescent wrench or CO2 wrench to ensure maximum tightness, so there are no leaks or loss of CO2.
- Never over-tighten the bubble counter on your CO2 regulator. Doing so may damage the components that protect your regulator from contamination, or cause the bubble counter to break off.
- Don’t forget to use a check valve. To protect your CO2 equipment, install a check valve in your CO2 tubing, close the the aquarium but not in it. This prevents water from creeping out of the aquarium through your tubing, and towards your regulator.
- Last of all, if you ever have any questions or problems with your CO2 regulator ALWAYS contact us. Never attempt to diagnose or repair your regulator without prior consultation.
Check out our blog article about how to properly use the drop checker, and learn the science behind it.
Most importantly, when using a drop checker in your aquarium, you should know what the color of the indicator solution means for the CO2 levels in your aquarium. Accurate color observations can be made approximately 2 hours after initial placement of the drop checker in your tank.
BLUE —> too little CO2 or low CO2 levels —> increase the rate of CO2
GREEN —> proper CO2 levels —> no action needed
YELLOW —> too much CO2 or high CO2 levels —> decrease the rate of CO2
These Cultivation Ceramics in four shapes and sizes save you time and effort when planting moss and riccia. Quickly place the moss between the mesh screen and ceramic plate, then watch it grow. No more string or tying needed. Purchase the ceramics individually for under $8 each, or get the complete set (pictured below) for $23.99.
Our WaterPlant CO2 Diffusers and Bubble Counters are really affordable, long-lasting, and easy to use… check them out!
|WaterPlant CO2 Diffuser – 300||WaterPlant CO2 Diffuser – 100|
|Ceramic CO2 diffuser. Easy to open for cleaning of ceramic disc. Designed for optimal diffusion without clogging. CO2 tubing connect vertically to top to avoid kinking and bending. 1 inch ceramic disc. $19.99||Ceramic CO2 diffuser. Easy to open for cleaning of ceramic disc. Designed for optimal diffusion without clogging. CO2 tubing connect vertically to top to avoid kinking and bending. 3/4 inch ceramic disc. $14.99|
|WaterPlant 2-in-1 CO2 Diffuser||WaterPlant CO2 Diffuser – Multi Function|
|2-in-1 ceramic CO2 diffuser with built in bubble counter. Easy to open for cleaning of ceramic disc. Designed for optimal diffusion without clogging. 3/4 inch ceramic disc. $14.99||The inline diffuser can be installed inside or outside of the aquarium. Inline in the outflow tubing of the canister filter, below the tank or mounter to the glass. Or place the diffuser inside the aquarium on the inflow line. Fits 1/2 to 5/8 inch diameter tubing. $24.99|
|WaterPlant 2-in-1 CO2 Bubble Counter||WaterPlant CO2 Bubble Counter + Check Valve|
|CO2 bubble counter with built in check valve. Acrylic material for clear and easy bubble count readings. Easy disassemble for filling. $9.99||CO2 bubble counter with built in check valve. Mount inline. Acrylic material for clear and easy bubble count readings. $6.99|
Check out our newest Elos Aqua Test kits, pH, GH, and KH, all made specifically for freshwater aquariums. For under $20, each kit offers more than 50+ precise tests, is batch validated using NSIT samples, and features aquarium “safe reagents”.
You should never have to guesstimate your water parameters. Regular use of pH and alkalinity test kits is the only way to spot trends and problems that need to be immediately addressed. Significant pH changes can be fatal, and can be prevented with stable alkalinity (also affected by GH & KH).
The Elos precise colorimetric pH kit measures a usable pH range of 5.8 – 8.3, specifically designed for freshwater aquariums. Additionally, the Elos pH kit features a color chart calibrated with RealColor technology for accuracy and ease of use.
GH (General Hardness) and KH (Carbonate Hardness)test kits measure dissolved mineral content in your water. Use GH and KH test kits to determine how hard your tap water is. Proper hardness creates the appropriate environment for your aquarium life, and affects pH stability.
As planted tank hobbyists, we are always looking for aquascaping inspiration. Sometimes this inspiration comes when we are least expecting it, and sometimes it comes from the most obvious of sources, nature itself. During some of our most recent canoe trips in Florida, we found a wealth of natural inspiration. Excellent, vivid ideas and aquascapes for our planted tanks. We would like to share some of it with you.
In an effort to organize canoe trips with our friends and future friends, we occasionally post trip announcements on our forum (Aquatic Plant Enthusiasts). Please let us know if you are interested in joining or organizing an outdoor adventure, such as canoeing or kayaking. Wherever you may live, we would love to get to know you.
Help inspire other hobbyists by emailing us a photo and/or description of what inspired your planted aquarium. Also, make sure to include a pic of your aquarium too (if you want to, of course). Just reply to this email or send to email@example.com. We will feature all of your inspirations and photos in one of our future newsletters.
Don’t just remove your CO2 regulator when it’s time to refill. Be cautious, before you remove it from the cylinder, make sure that you relieve the working pressure from the low pressure guage. This measure prevents future damage to the low pressure guage when you reinstall the regulator onto the cylinder. Watch our video to help you learn how to properly remove your CO2 regulator.
In an effort to meet our customer’s needs, we lowered the prices of all of our rimless aquariums. These aquariums are custom manufactured for GLA, featuring design simplicity, high glass clarity, and strength. Our rimless aquariums are built with a specially formulated German-made silicone that bonds the glass together with extreme durability and clarity.
Our current aquarium selection features tanks of various shapes and sizes, from nano 7 gallon tanks to larger 48 gallon tanks. Coming soon, we will also have three new aquariums, including a stunning 60 gallon cube tank, dimensions 24x24x24 inches. We recently acquired a demo model, and it is awesome! In addition, we will have a 65 gallon / 48x18x18in tank and a 40 gallon / 30x18x18in tank. Check back with us soon to see when these tanks will be available for sale.
Visit our website to shop our newest selection of nano aquarium products. We have made things easier on the nano enthusiast by providing you with a dedicated selection of nano aquariums, glassware, tools to fit, CO2 equipment, and complete CO2 systems.
The newest nano product release is the Pierce CO2 System for $69.99, which includes a micro CO2 regulator, disposable CO2 cartridge with stand, bubble counter, check valve, and CO2 diffuser.
We have increased our selection of BorneoWild aquascaping tools. This is very exciting. The BorneoWild tools are beautiful and carefully crafted to be a professional, long-lasting aquarium tool. Our complete selection of BorneoWild tools is made of high-quality, surgical grade stainless steel, perfect for planting and timming diverse aquatic plants.
Check out the newest BorneoWild wave cutters, spring cutters, razor, substrate flattener, scissors, and pincettes. Also, make sure to read our latest blog about trimming foreground plants with less effort with the new BorneoWild Wave Cutter.